About the Public Council under the Ministry for Emergencies of Ukraine
The Public Council under the Ministry for Emergencies of Ukraine (MEU) is a continuing collegiate elective public consultative and deliberative body, established to cooperate with the Ministry for Emergencies of Ukraine on good partnership principles to ensure effective participation of citizens in administration of public affairs of Ukraine on matters within the competence of the MEU – clause 1.1 of the Public Council under the Ministry of Emergencies of Ukraine Constitution.
The Public Council includes 22 members representing Ukrainian civil society institutions: public organizations (international, all-Ukrainian, regional, local etc.) as well as media.
The Public Council is headed by Oleg Oliynyk, lawyer, member of the Board of the Ukrainian Bar Association.
Organizational structure: Head of the Public Council, Deputy Heads, Secretariat (executive Secretary, Secretary, Press Secretary), seven committees (extended structure is available on the right).
- human security,
- civil society building,
- prevention of emergencies,
- rescue from emergencies,
- assistance in case of emergencies,
- ensuring communication and good cooperation between public and state authorities,
- monitoring, standard and expert analytical work,
- legal assistance and law-making,
- work with veterans and the Chornobyl disaster liquidators.
The Public Council under the MEU applies in its activity:
- the Constitution of Ukraine,
- the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
- the Principles of the State Policy of Ukraine in the field of human rights,
- laws of Ukraine,
- ordinances of the President of Ukraine and resolutions of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, adopted in accordance with the Constitutions of Ukraine and Ukrainian laws,
- acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine,
- the Public Council under the Ministry for Emergencies of Ukraine Constitution confirmed by the decision of the Public Council under the Ministry for Emergencies of Ukraine and approved by the Minister for Emergencies of Ukraine.
Work organization order, preparation and conduct of the sessions, the permanent and temporary working organs sessions and other procedural matters solution are determined by the Rules of Procedure of the Public Council under the Ministry for Emergencies of Ukraine.
The Public Council under the MEU welcomes experts and non-governmental organizations to cooperate and realize our common goals in practice. The Public Council is open and its sessions are public for everyone who is interested in it’s activity as well as in human security in Ukraine.
+380 (44) 247 32 21
please write your message on e-mail